Stunning unique contemporary property with the wow factor! The Backstage Loft in Zermatt sleeps 10 people with incredible views of the Matterhorn. Located in a quiet residential area right on the edge of the river yet you are just 4 minutes walk from the Matterhorn Glacier station and a quick stroll into the centre.
Designed by Heinz Julen with inimitable architectural style, you will be staying in comfort and sophistication. The whole property is large, airy and bright with a distinctive open plan living area design. Relax in the entertaining area in front of the open fire with double height floor to ceiling windows to soak up the views of the Matterhorn. The dining table can be raised and fastened to the ceiling creating a large open floor space for entertaining. Or lie back in the hot tub which is to the side of the living area and encased in glass or press a button to make it an outdoor hot tub by swinging the glass wall open.
Located over 4 floors, with a private elevator, enter onto the open plan living area with open plan kitchen, entrance hall and en-suite bedroom. The en-suite king size bedroom on this floor opens out onto a wrap-around balcony.
Situated at the top of the chalet are two stylish en-suite bedrooms with views across Zermatt and over the living area.
The ground floor has a king size bedroom with en-suite and terrace access. There is also a Wellness area with sauna and small hamman.
Then take the stairs up to the wonderful master bedroom which is located in the original part of the 700 year old chalet with original wooden beams. This bedroom enjoys direct access to the terrace and hot tub located outside the living area.
On the lower ground floor there is a TV room with small kitchenette, gym, guest shower room and WC, ski room with drying racks and staff room. Work out in the gym with stunning views over the river,equipped with a treadmill, cross training and weights installation.
This property is available on a self catered, breakfast only or catered basis with an experienced chalet team 2 star Michelin Chef. You will also enjoy access to the “Genesis” theme Wellness Centre at the Backstage Hotel and complimentary cinema entrance.
- Hot Tub
- Prof. Chef
- WiFi Free
- Log Fire
- Steam Hammam
- Ensuite Bedrooms
- Boot Warmers
Prices & AvailabilityBackstage Loft is offered on a catered basis without travel see prices below. For a self catered or breakfast catered package - please enquire.
Weeks run Sunday to Sunday (apart from peak periods see above). Service packages can be tailored to meet your requirements.
- Luxury accommodation on your chosen dates.
- Exclusive use of the apartment and its facilities.
- Spa bathroom products
- Shuttle service to the chalet within the resort on arrival/departure day
- Daily housekeeping service
- Mid week bed linen change
- Welcome champagne reception
- Complimentary access to the Wellness area at the Backstage Hotel
- Complimentary tickets for the cinema
Inclusions - Catered
- as above plus
- Professional hosting staff and Chef from 2 Michelin Star restaurant "After Seven"
- Evening turn down service on 6 nights
- Catering - please see Layout & Services
- Limousine or helicopter resort transfers
- Lift Passes
- Ski Lessons
- Hand picked guides
- And much more
- King size bedroom with en-suite shower room and TV
- King size bedroom (option to make 2 single beds) with en-suite shower room and TV
- Entrance hall with coatroom
- Open plan kitchen
- Open plan dining area with open log fire
- Open plan living room
- Indoor / Outdoor hot tub with Matterhorn views
- King size bedroom with en-suite shower room, TV and wrap around balcony
- Wellness area with small hammam and sauna
- Guest WC
- King size bedroom with en-suite shower room and terrace access
- King size bedroom with en-suite shower room, terrace access to hot tub and separate entrance if required
- Ski room with drying boot racks
- TV room with kitchenette
- Guest shower room and WC
- Staff area
Services - Catered
- Meeting with Chalet Manager and Chef to discuss weekly menu
- Daily continental breakfast buffet
- Daily afternoon tea with sweet pastries
- Three course evening meal on 6 nights
- Early children dinner on 6 nights
- Complimentary house wines with dinner, beers and soft drink
- Complimentary spirits bar
- Michelin trained Chef
- Professional hosting staff
LocationLocated on the edge of the river in Zermatt, just a 4 minute walk to the Matterhorn Glacier station and 5 minute walk to the Central church square.
Easy to walk around Zermatt or catch an electric taxi which is approx. 10chf per local journey.
The restaurants on the mountains have an envied worldwide reputation and they are accessible by skiers and walkers.
Zermatt ski area is very snow sure with a glacier, high altitude skiing and links with Cervinia.
Easy to reach from Geneva, Zurich and Milan airports by train and car, although Zermatt is car free it is possible to park just before and use the trains and electric taxis & buses to get around.
- 5 minutes walk to centre
- 42 minutes by electric taxi to centre
- 4 minutes walk to Matterhorn Glacier lift
- 2 hrs 45 min Geneva Airport by car
- 1 hr 15 min to Sion Airport by car
- 3 hrs 30 min to Zurich and Milan airports by car
- 3 hrs to Zurich Airport by train
- 3 hrs 30 min to Geneva & Milan airports by train
Distance to Slopes
- 260 metres