OverviewThis comfortable and charming chalet La Sauterelle (the grasshopper) is set in one of the world’s best ski resorts Tignes set in the high altitude ski area of Espace Killy with skiing up to 3450m.
There are 6 ensuite bedrooms, which can accommodate 14 guests comfortably in 2 x twins, 2 x doubles and 2 x triple bedroom layouts. Chalet La Sauterelle has recently undergone significant refurbishment to raise the standard of the chalet. Facilities include a lovely, warm and relaxing sauna in which you can soothe your tired body after a hard day on the slopes enjoying the incredible terrain that the high altitude, snow sure Espace Killy area has to offer.
An open plan lounge with comfortable seating for all 14 guests and large picture windows with amazing views of the surrounding mountains. There´s also a large open log fire for those cosy nights in the lounge when it´s snowing outside. You´ll find FREE WIFI access and a TV & DVD player in the lounge, an I-Pod compatible Hi-Fi, loads of books and games and an honesty bar stocked with beer, wine and soft drinks. The dining room and kitchen are on the first floor.
Great après ski choices close to the chalet with a huge number of bars, restaurants and shops easily reached within 10 minutes walk. You´ll also find an ice rink, bowling, cinema, indoor leisure centre with wellness centre and much more to keep you entertained. Tignes Val Claret is closest if you fancy short walk and a cheeky drink after your scrumptious 3-course dinner.
- Airport Transfers
- Games Toys & Dvds
- WiFi Free
- Ensuite Bedrooms
Prices & AvailabilityTravel
For free transfers book your arrival flights to arrive in the afternoon (between 2pm and 5pm) and your departure flights to depart early afternoon (between 1pm and 3pm) to/from either Chambery or Geneva. Check terms and conditions before booking. 25% discount for self drive
Children and Babies
£100 discount for kids aged between 2 - 10 years at the time of travel eating high the at the earlier time of 6pm £50 discount for kids between 10-17 yr olds £200 charge for under 2´s (baby sleeps in a cot in the parents´ room, seat assigned for transfers including baby car seat)
50% supplement for empty beds
Prices on a catered basis from Saturday to Saturday
- Complimentary airport transfers (conditions apply)
- Shuttle to slopes on 5 mornings
- Nice linen and big fluffy towels
- DVDs, games, books, and stereo
- Complementary WIFI
- Sunday arrival quieter airports, shorter transfer time
- Big discounts on equipment hire
- Carbon off-setting on using our minibus travel
- Local tourist tax
- Lift passes, ski school or childcare (can be booked in advance of your stay)
- Equipment hire (recommendations offered)
- Lunch (packed lunches for a small charge)
- Kitchen / dining area
- Bedroom 1 – twin bedroom with low beams (ensuite shower room).
- Bedroom 2 – double bedroom (with ensuite shower room).
- Bedroom 3 – double bedroom (ensuite shower room).
- Bedroom 4 – twin bedroom (ensuite shower room).
- Sauna and shower
Lower Ground Floor
- Bedroom 5 – triple bedroom (ensuite shower room).
- Bedroom 6 – triple bedroom (ensuite shower room).
- 14 people in 6 ensuite bedrooms
- Delicious home cooked 3 course dinner on 6 days All our food is made from scratch with fresh ingredients
- Carefully selected COMPLIMENTARY bottled wine
- Hearty breakfasts with a hot option each day
- Afternoon tea with freshly baked cakes and treats
- Canapés & Aperitifs on welcome night and last evening.
- 2 responsible & experienced chalet hosts
LocationThe chalet is conveniently located in Tignes Les Chartreux which is just between Tignes Le Lac and Tignes Val Claret on the main road towards the funicular which takes skiers up through the mountain to the Grande Motte glacier.
There is also a bus stop at the end of the drive which will take you in either direction around the resort and is free to hop on or off. The bus service runs 24/7 and is a super handy way to get to the ski lifts of Le Lac or Val Claret in the mornings or a quicker way to get to the lively bars in the evenings.
- 10 minutes walk to main town
- 2h40 from Geneva
- 2h40 from Chambery
Distance to Slopes
- 0 metres
Lets go skiing
A fantastic ski chalet where warm and friendly service is the order of the day. Set in the high altitude resort of Tignes in the Espace Killy and linked to Val d’Isere for 300 km of skiing for all abilities.Chalet Ski Holidays