OverviewChalet le Nichoir is a lovely traditional alpine chalet with an unusually large lounge and dining area. The chalet is situated in a pretty wooded area of la Plagne called Plagne 1800 and is a short walk to the village centre where there is a small supermarket, a tabac, a few restaurants, some ski shops and the La Mine pub and Bobsleigh Bar.
Chalet le Nichoir sleeps eight people in three twins and one double bedroom. All of the bedrooms have ensuite showers and sinks and are on the upper floor, in the eaves of the chalet, and have beautiful wooden beams giving the rooms a classic alpine feel. One of the bedrooms can accommodate a third person (it´s a twin room so a bit of a squeeze).
The tastefully furnished chalet has a spacious, sociable open plan layout with plenty of comfy seating, a log fire, widescreen TV and large terrace. In the living room there is an honesty bar that stocks beers, soft drinks and snacks. There are also loads of books and DVDs (including plenty for the kids) and a few games to keep you entertained.
The large terrace and balcony provide you with stunning views across the valley and there is plenty of safe outside space to play in the snow.
- Airport Transfers
- Games Toys & Dvds
- Ensuite Bedrooms
- Log Fire
Prices & AvailabilityTravel
For free transfers book your arrival flights to arrive in the afternoon (between 2pm and 5pm) and your departure flights to depart early afternoon (between 1pm and 3pm) to/from either Chambery or Geneva. Check terms and conditions before booking. 25% discount for self drive
Children and Babies
£100 discount for kids aged between 2 - 10 years at the time of travel eating high the at the earlier time of 6pm £50 discount for kids between 10-17 yr olds £200 charge for under 2´s (baby sleeps in a cot in the parents´ room, seat assigned for transfers including baby car seat)
50% supplement for empty beds
5% discount for return guests
Prices on a catered basis from Saturday to Saturday.
- DVDs, games, books, and stereo
- Prices include airport transfers
- Nice linen and big fluffy towels
- Complementary WIFI
- Saturday arrival.
- Carbon off-setting on using our minibus travel
- Local tourist tax
- Lift passes, ski school or childcare (can be booked in advance of your stay)
- Equipment hire (recommendations offered)
- Lunch (packed lunches for a small charge)
- Bedroom 1 – twin bedroom (ensuite shower room)
- Bedroom 2 – double bedroom (ensuite shower room)
- Bedroom 3 – twin bedroom (ensuite shower room)
- Bedroom 4 – twin bedroom (ensuite shower room)
- Dining Room
- Lounge with access to balcony
- Log burning Fire
- Boot and Kit storage with access from terrace
- Outside Ski / Board Storage with access from terrace
- 2 x W/C
- Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms 3 twin (possibly 9 at a squeeze)
- Ensuite shower and sink in every room
- Delicious, home cooked 3 course dinner on 6 days
- All food is made from scratch with fresh ingredients
- Carefully selected complementary bottled wine
- Hearty breakfasts with a hot option each day
- Afternoon tea with freshly baked cakes and treats
- Tea and coffee facilities at any time
- Canapés & Aperitifs on welcome night and last night
- Responsible & experienced chalet host
LocationA few minutes walk by a track leads you to the blue piste Loup Garou. From the bottom of this run you can take the new Melezes and then Bergerie chairlifts that drop you above Plagne Villages, or take the 1800 chair that drops you just below Aime 2000 - basically you´re in the heart of the ski area. At the end of the day you can ski to about 250m from the chalet back down the blue run and walk along the track to the chalet. If you´re not ready for blue runs you can leave your hired equipment at our ski shop in Plagne Centre and catch the free public bus that stops 100m from the chalet.
The free shuttle service from the chalet to Plagne Centre is available on five mornings. You can leave your hire equipment in the shop overnight (this is a free service just for guests) and collect it in the morning or if you´re meeting your ski school class in Plagne Centre. The morning shuttle runs until 9.45am.
There is also a handy ski bus service in La Plagne, The public bus stop is just 100m away and the FREE buses run every 15mins.
- 3 minutes walk to Centre of Plagne 1800
- 3 minutes walk to piste
- Possible to ski back to door
- 2h45 from Geneva
- 1h50 from Chambery
Distance to Slopes
- 250 metres