This charming ski lodge located, in the picturesque ski resort of Les Houches and home to the Chamonix World Cup downhill ski race, is a truly flexible chalet offering self catering, as well as catering and ski weekends.
La Vieille Forge has bags of character presented in French country style with wooden floors, cowhide rugs and retro furnishing enhanced by a collection of lovingly collected ski memorabilia; books, vintage skis and original posters. Once the local village smithy this beautiful mountain lodge is the setting for a truly memorable experience.
This boutique chalet is ideal for larger groups, accommodating 14 to 15 guests in 7 bedrooms, has all the facilities you would expect including a sauna, hot tub and treatments room and comfy hotel standard beds and little luxuries and smaller touches to make your stay truly pleasurable.
La Vieille Forge offers the best combination of attentive service, top facilities and wonderfully retro furnishings that embody the Alpine style. The chalet is offered on a catered basis but you can also book the chalet self-catered, making this a great chalet for sharing with friends or family!
- Hot Tub
- On Call Driver
- Games Toys & Dvds
- Lift Station Transfers
- Log Fire
- Ensuite Bedrooms
- Champagne Reception
- Massage Rooms
Prices & AvailabilityPrices are in GBP are based on Self Catered Packages for 15 Weeks run Sat to Sat until 06/01/17 and then Sunday to Sunday from the 7th January 18
Please enquire for prices for smaller parties, catering and weekends
Transfers are £40 per person return between 7hr-22hrs only.
To book the chalet exclusive to your group we ask for a min of 10 guests (or equivalent cost).
Peak weeks are sole occupancy only
- Home comforts including Superking beds, exclusive REN skincare bathroom products,
- Crisp white bedlinen
- Hot tub pack including bathrobes, crocs and swimming towels for children
- Your holiday will be expertly delivered by dedicated professionals.
- Airport transfers are added at £40- £50 pp return (price dependant on timings), NEW flexible arrival and departure!
- Massages, personal trainer, well-being treatments
- A spacious living room with 50" Plasma TV with Freeview UK SKY, dvd, Wii Sports & music system
- Sauna with shower & WC
- Exterior hot tub.
- Laundry facilities available.
- Staff room
- Entrance/small boot room
- Galley kitchen
- Breakfast room with rustic hand-made pine table and benches.
- All bedrooms have crisp white bedlinen, towels and luxury products supplied.
- Bedroom 1: Twin or Superking double bedroom with ensuite shower/wc
- Bedroom 2: Twin or Superking double with adjacent with bath/shower/wc (extra bed can be added.
- Bedroom 3: Double (140x190) with adjacent shower/wc
- Bedroom 4: Queen size double or twin beds (80x190), small sink in room and adjacent private bathroom & WC
- Bedroom 5: Twin or super king double with ensuite shower, WC with balcony
- Bedroom 6: Twin bedroom with ensuite shower, WC, velux window
- Bedroom 7: Family room; can be super king double with additional 2 single beds or a quad, ensuite shower & WC
- Treatment room: sport or aromatheraphy massages offered by local therapists
- Mezzanine area with sofa and traditional board games
- In-resort minibus service with 2 minibuses available on alternate evenings till 23hrs
- A comprehensive breakfast with a cooked dish plus lot's of continental options
- Yummy afternoon tea with cakes or home made biscuits
- Daily housekeeping
- Driving services including on staff day off
- Champagne welcome on your arrival
- Dinner on 6 nights: pre dinner aperitif and canapés, stylish 4 course evening dinner (5 nights) with one night a 'Farmhouse supper' with local specialty
- Great house wines
- Children's high tea; 2 courses of delicious home-cooked meals on 6 nights
- 1 night to eat out, we'll drop and collect you from the restaurant of your choice
- Advance concierge service by phone or email, pre-book all you need before your arrival
- Collection of ski equipment straight from the airport
- Delivery of pre booked ski passes
La Vieille Forge is situated in the ski resort of Les Houches, offering good all round skiing for all levels of ability. Especially attractive to families with younger children the resort offers ‘safe’ skiing with almost zero avalanche risk and great beginner facilities like the magic carpet and extra safety devices for small children on the chair lifts.
La Vieille Forge can be found nestled just beyond the lines of the cable car and off the main route heading up the hill from the Prarion Gondola towards the Maison Neuve Chair Lift.
- 4 mins drive to Prarion Lift
- 4 mins drive to Bakery, ski hire shops and bus stop
- 6/7 minutes walk to slope
- 1h15 from Geneva
Distance to Slopes
- 500 metres
La Vieille Forge
The old forge has been beautifully renovated over time to bring to you a flavour of alpine living. No compromises on comfort the forge is well equipped and has an excellentinresort transport service to make you feel well looked after. The farmhouse style kitchen is a lovely aspect and the farmhouse feel is reminiscent throughout the property. Located in the lovely tree lined resort of Les Houches …Chalet Ski Holidays